Terms & Conditions
PETJAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Website is a site operated by PetJam. Our registered address is D2 The Courtyard, Alban Park, Hatfield Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0LA and our contact email address is email@example.com.
HOW THE WEBSITE WORKS
The Website is an online marketplace for pet lovers looking for pet products from British pet brands and businesses. PetJam has carefully curated our favourite products from small businesses (“Sellers”) and advertise, displays for sale and promotes the products on the Website for purchase by our Website users (“Buyers”).
We will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using the Website and providing your email address, you agree that we may provide you information electronically (by email, etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies, and that your electronic agreement is equal to your signature on paper. By accepting and agreeing to the Terms electronically, you represent that you have read and understand and give us your consent to do so.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
To purchase Products on the Website you will be required to register for an account. To create an account you must provide your name, email address, delivery address, telephone number and payment details.
When you register for an account, you will be asked to choose a username and password for your account. You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password. You authorise PetJam to assume that any person using the Website with your username and password, either is you or is authorised to act for you. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or any unauthorised access to your password or the password of any user of your account. You further agree not to use any username or password of another user of the Website that you are not authorised to use, and not to allow others who are not authorised to do so to use your account at any time.
- The information you provide to us must be accurate. You are not permitted to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account and doing so is a breach of the Terms;
- You are solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you register as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business;
- As we mentioned above, you are solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password and any device from which you access the Website secure. If accessing the Website via a mobile device, we recommend that you do not jailbreak or root the device (this is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device as doing so could make your device vulnerable to malware, viruses or malicious programmes, compromise your device’s security features and may affect the functionality of the Website.
PetJam reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse, suspend, or revoke your access to the Website upon discovery that any information you provided in any form or posted on the Website is not true, accurate, or complete, or such information or other conduct otherwise violates our Terms, or for any other reason at PetJam’s sole discretion.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE
We allow access to the Website on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or change the Website at any time and without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or if the content is changed or out of date.
You must treat as confidential any user identification code, password or other security feature in relation to the Website. If, in our opinion, you aren’t complying with the Terms, we have the right to disable any such code, password or feature at any time.
It is your responsibility that anyone who accesses the Website through your internet connection is aware of these Terms and complies with them.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to use the Website, subject to the Terms and the following restrictions:
- You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Website. This includes any local, national and international laws that may apply to you.
- You are responsible for paying any fees that you owe to us. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases you make through our Website.
- You agree not to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any aspect of the Website or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Website.
- You shall not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
You must not attack the Website’s services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By failing to comply with this provision, you would commit a criminal offence and your right to use the Website will cease immediately and we will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Save as described elsewhere in the Terms, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the Website for commercial purposes without a licence from us or our licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website or mobile Website) any aspect of the Website (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent.
The name PetJam and other marks, phrases, logos and designs that we use in connection with the Website, are trademarks, service marks or trade dress of PetJam. You require our express written permission to use our trademarks, service marks or trade dress.
If, in our opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
PURCHASING A PRODUCT ON THE WEBSITE
To place an order on the Website, you will be required to:
- select your chosen delivery preference;
- create an account or sign into an existing account;
- accept our Terms and Conditions; and
- make payment for the full amount of your chosen products plus delivery via PayPal or via a card payment.
Once PetJam have received your payment, you will receive an order confirmation screen. Please note that any order confirmation is a receipt of order and your order will only be deemed to have been accepted once PetJam and/or the Seller has confirmed your order by email.
Once an order has been received by PetJam on the Website we will forward the confirmation email to the Seller within twenty-four (24) hours. Following acceptance of an order, the Seller shall: a) fulfil the order as soon as reasonably practicable; b) confirm to you the time and method of dispatch; c) dispatch the order to ensure that it reaches you within the timelines advertised on the relevant product page and/or in accordance with any subsequent correspondence with you.
You purchase products on the Website subject to the following terms:
- Prices of products and costs of delivery are decided by Sellers and shall be correct at the time of entering information. PetJam reserves the right to change prices (on the Seller’s instruction) without prior notice to you (although we will inform you if any such price change affects your order);
- All payments are taken upfront when you make a purchase on the Website. All payments are currently processed through PayPal or card payment allowing secure and flexible payments. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make a payment;
- Payment will always be in UK pounds sterling (GBP);
- All orders made by you through the Website are subject to acceptance and availability and the Seller may choose not to accept your order for any reason;
- You accept that some banks may charge you an additional fee for certain transactions;
- You have a statutory right to cancel an order within 14 days of placing the order. To cancel your order before a product has been dispatched, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a product has been dispatched and delivered to you, please follow the returns policy below;
- You have the right to request a refund within 14 calendar days of placing your order. For more information on requesting a refund for your order, please see our Returns Policy below;
- Delivery of any products ordered when using the Website shall be the responsibility of the Seller;
- Risk passes from our third party delivery agent to you on delivery of the goods.
By processing your payments, we act as commercial agent of the Seller. The Seller acknowledges and agrees that the valid payment by you to us for the purchase of product(s) between you and the Seller will satisfy your obligation to pay the Seller for the relevant product(s).
If you have made a mistake on your order, please email email@example.com to amend your order.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Delivery charges vary according to the product, the location of the Seller and your chosen delivery address. You are advised to check the cost of delivery for your chosen product(s) before making a purchase on the Website. Your shopping basket on the Website will display the goods you have chosen and the details of postage and packing. For delivery destinations within the EU prices include VAT or other sales taxes where applicable.
Once your order has been accepted, we ask our Seller’s to dispatch products purchased within 3 working days of accepting an order, subject to availability of your product(s). Some products which are personalised or handmade may take longer - these are detailed within the descriptions which is your responsibility to check ahead of purchasing.
CANCELLATION, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
You have a statutory right to cancel your order and request a refund within 14 days of purchasing a product on our Website.
If you have accepted delivery of a product and wish to exchange or return it within 28 days of placing an order, you may do as follows:
- Contact the Seller informing them that you wish to return the product(s) and if you wish to exchange or refund the product(s);
- Check the Seller’s product description page on the Website for their requirements for returning a product; and
- Return the product(s) to the Seller within 14 days of letting the Seller know that you want to return your product(s).
You shall be responsible for the cost of returning an item, subject to any agreement with the Seller to the contrary or where the Seller states otherwise in the product description.
PetJam does not accept liability for goods lost in transit, therefore we strongly recommend that you obtain proof of postage and use a signed for service when returning products to Sellers. If you have any questions about returning a product, PetJam is happy to help, so please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for a return, your product must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Several types of goods are exempt from being returned unless they are faulty, which include bespoke items e.g. personalised items.
Please allow 2-5 working days for any returned products to reach a Seller (longer if you or the Seller is based outside of the UK) and up to 14 working days upon the Seller’s receipt of your package for your exchange or refund to be issued by the Seller.
Once the Seller has received your request for a refund or exchange and the product(s) to be returned, and provided that you have complied with the Seller’s requirements for returning a product or products, the Seller shall initiate a refund directly within 14 days.
Please don’t destroy or throw away any product, even if it’s faulty, before contacting PetJam and/or the Seller and agreed that doing so won’t affect any refund you may be entitled to.
Please accept that some Sellers will have different return policies depending on the product you’re purchasing. If the Seller does not accept returns or refunds this will be stated within the product description.
If you have any questions about refunds and exchanges, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website is provided without any guarantees and PetJam is not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses arising out of or in connection with the Terms, including, but not limited to:
- your use of or your inability to use our Website;
- delays or disruptions in our Website;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, the Website;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in the Website;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of the Website;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties’ use of the Website;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account;
- your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of job postings, profiles, ratings, recommendations, and feedback (including their content, order, and display), or metrics found on, used on, or made available through the Website; and
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to the Terms.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
TERM AND TERMINATION
The Terms as amended from time to time, will become effective on the later of the Effective Date or your first visit to the Website and will remain in effect for the duration of your use of the Website. Unless both you and PetJam expressly agree otherwise in writing, either of us may terminate this agreement in our sole discretion, at any time, without explanation, upon written notice to the other. You may provide written notice of your wish to terminate this agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without limiting PetJam’s other rights or remedies, we may temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or permanently revoke your access to the Website if: (i) you breach the letter or spirit of any Terms of this agreement; (ii) we suspect or become aware that you have provided false or misleading information to us; or (iii) we believe, in our sole discretion, that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our users, or Secrets of Green; may be contrary to the interests of the Website or the user community; or may involve illicit activity. If your account is suspended or closed, you may not use the Website under the same account or a different account or re-register under a new account without our prior written consent. If you attempt to use the Website under a different account, we reserve the right to reclaim available funds in that account and/or use an available payment method to pay for any amounts owed by you to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Without limiting PetJam’s other rights or remedies, if you engage in actions or activities that circumvent the Website or otherwise reduce fees owed to PetJam under the Terms, you must pay PetJam, and you authorize PetJam to charge you, for all fees owed to PetJam, if applicable, all losses and costs and reasonable expenses (including legal fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees. In addition, violations of the Terms may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and may result in additional penalties and sanctions.
If your account is closed or deleted for any reason, you will no longer have access to data, messages, files, and other material you have entered on the Website. You understand that any closure of your account may involve deletion of any content stored in your account for which PetJam will have no liability whatsoever.
All notices to PetJam intended to have a legal effect must be in writing and delivered either (a) in person; (b) in writing via email to email@example.com. All such notices are deemed effective upon receipt by PetJam.
The failure of PetJam to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms shall be effective only if in writing and signed by an authorised person on behalf of PetJam.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to the buying and selling of products on the Website.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
These Terms and Conditions, including all of the other documents that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and PetJam regarding your use of the Website.
We may amend these Terms at any time by amending this page or, if we believe the changes are material, we will let you know by i) notifying you via the Website, or ii) sending you an email or messages about the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Website following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
If any provision or term of these Terms shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such terms or provisions shall be deemed to be deleted from this agreement and the remainder of the provisions shall continue in full force and effect provided always that if any such deletion substantially affects or alters the commercial basis of the agreement the parties shall negotiate in good faith to amend the modify the provisions of the Terms as necessary or desirable in the circumstances. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms.
We may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of our rights under these Terms. You shall not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL
PetJam shall not be liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under any contract incorporated in these Terms if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of god, war, civil commotion or industrial dispute.
If you have any questions about the Terms, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.